Today’s inflationary environment and rising gas prices are impacting mileage expenses for many field service companies. One of our customers recently reported a 2x increase in their mileage expenses costing them a full FTE every month. To establish control over rising mileage costs, it is necessary to get accurate mileage reporting.
What are Mileage tracking apps and how do they work:
Mileage tracking is an important part of managing business expenses. It can help you keep track of how much you are spending and where your money is going. There are a lot of mileage tracking apps out there, but how do they work? The app collects data about the driving habits or patterns of your field workforce and calculates the miles driven. It helps you compare this data to the estimated miles you should have driven based on your driving needs and previous trips.
These apps can be very helpful for people who spend a lot of time on the road and need to track their mileage for payroll purposes. Regardless of what type of business you are into, it’s a good idea to do some research before you begin using it. It’s important to make sure that the app you select is compatible with your tracking needs and that it will sync with your other devices.
Choosing the right mileage tracking app for your Business:
The right mileage tracking app can make your life easier while keeping track of your business miles. Depending on your business and its mileage needs, there are a variety of features on tracking apps to help you make the best choice.
Tracking mileage can be a difficult and time-consuming task. It often requires a lot of time and attention to detail in order to accurately track the miles you drive for your business. To make things easier on yourself, the right mileage tracking app can make all the difference in the world. One of the most beneficial features of a good mileage tracking app is the ability to save previous trips and generate reports based on those trips. This allows you to easily see how many miles you drove for a specific trip without having to enter the information manually. The ability to save and report miles automatically makes the task of tracking your business miles much easier and more manageable. There are a few different things to look for when choosing a good mileage tracking app.
The first thing you want to consider is how much the app costs. Some apps are free, while others cost several hundred dollars or more per year. These higher prices are often due to the additional features that are included in more expensive apps. Some of the features that you may find in higher-priced apps include:
• Automatic mileage tracking
• Additional reporting options
• Multiple user accounts. Be sure to consider all of the different features before making a decision on which app to choose.
The second thing you need to consider when it comes to selecting the best mileage tracking app for your field service business, is what features do you need the most for your tracking requirements. It’s important to do a little research and compare a few different options before making a final decision. The time you spend investigating your options will pay off in the long run and help you to select the best mileage tracking app for your business.
Here are some reasons you should use a mileage-tracking app for your business:
1. Save Time: You don’t have to manually keep track of your mileage anymore! A mileage tracking app will automatically track your mileage for you and provide you with an easy-to-understand report at the end. This saves you time and energy that you can spend on other things like running your business.
2. Save Money: Using a mileage tracking app will help you save travel costs by helping you reduce your fuel usage. Most apps have built-in mileage calculators that you can use to calculate how many miles you have driven and how much you spent in gas during that time. You can then use this information to plan your next service trip and see how it will impact your expenses.
3. Reduce Administrative Overhead: Businesses can incur administrative overhead in the form of staff time and administrative fees. These costs can add up to a significant amount every month. By using a mileage tracking app, you can eliminate these extra expenses and reduce overall expenses in the process.
4. Improve Productivity: Getting employees to record their mileage manually can be time-consuming and lead to low productivity levels in the workplace. This can lead to lower morale and higher turnover rates for your company. On the other hand, by using a mileage tracking app, your employees can log their mileage quickly and easily. This improves productivity and increases employee satisfaction at work.
5. Provide Increased Security: A business that is successful must protect its data at all costs. Hackers are always looking for ways to compromise the data of businesses in order to steal sensitive information and money. By using a mileage tracking app, you can help keep your data secure and prevent unwanted data breaches.
6. Protect Against Liability: Laws can be very difficult to understand for businesses that are not used to dealing with them on a regular basis. This is why it is very important that you educate yourself about the various laws that affect your business and act accordingly to avoid getting penalized. A good mileage tracking app will help you keep up-to-date on the latest laws and regulations so that you can avoid any potential problems with the law in the future.
In conclusion, there are many benefits that a business can enjoy by using a mileage tracking app. From improving efficiency to reducing costs and increasing security, these apps are a great addition to any modern company’s operations. So what are you waiting for? Start using a mileage-tracking app today and watch your business thrive!