In field workforce management, efficiency and accuracy in handling pay rates are crucial for businesses. When you have employees working from different field locations at different times, managing pay rate manually becomes tedious due to time tracking limitations.
Field service businesses pay employees at different wage rates. It could be based on their skill, earning codes, type of job or hours worked (overtime vs regular). Handling these various pay rates can be highly complex for most businesses since they have no way to automate job tracking or pay rate calculations for payroll. The manual process can make it difficult for payroll teams to accurately calculate paychecks for employees.
Overtime pay and a fixed rate for an employee is relatively easier to handle but when an employee has to perform multiple tasks and is compensated based on the task performed, it gets really complex. How can businesses put in place a streamlined payroll process that automatically tracks jobs performed by employees in the field and exports accurate employee data into HR, HelpDesk, CRM, Scheduling or Payroll systems every month?
allGeo’s time tracking workflow and its integration with both Google Sheets and ADP Workforce Now, a popular human resources management system, has empowered its customers with an innovative solution: automating pay rates using Google Sheets.
This integration brings a seamless and streamlined approach to managing employee compensation, reducing manual errors, and enhancing overall payroll operations. Let’s delve into how this automation use case is revolutionizing pay rate management for ADP Workforce Now customers.
An Industry Use-Case
Let’s look at an example where a customer is using ADP Workforce Now® as their payroll system and Google Sheets to house employee data. Google Sheets has information such as employee names, date, earning codes, licensure, department etc and this data needs to be sent directly to ADP Workforce Now® every month. Such a use case is challenging due to two key issues:
- Collecting Time tracking and jobs tracking data in the field that needs to be automated
- ADP Workforce Now does not offer integration with Google Sheets
How allGeo helped?
allGeo’s QR code and Geofencing technology helps businesses track employees with a high level of accuracy as they go about their jobs at various locations. The ability to track both time and the job being performed is key to getting accurate data.
The following QR code based job tracking workflow gives you an idea of how jobs tracking can be implemented. To sum it up, allGeo helps automate:
- Time tracking that captures site visit logs with GPS and QR scan verification
- Jobs tracking that captures time spent on each job or task performed at the job site
The key features-
- Time Tracking and Job Tracking Data Integration: allGeo seamlessly integrates with Google Sheets, allowing the sending of time tracking and job tracking data directly to the spreadsheet. This feature ensures accurate recording and organization of employee work hours and job-related information.
- Automated Pay Rate Logic: allGeo’s app possesses intelligent functionality to record and associate employees’ working hours with the correct pay rate logic. By considering various aspects of an employee’s profile, such as shift type, hours worked, and other relevant factors, the app helps define the formula for payroll calculations, ensuring accurate and fair compensation.
- Real-Time Integration with ADP Workforce Now®: allGeo offers real-time integration with ADP Workforce Now®, enabling the instant upload of employee data, schedules, and field activity logs into the ADP platform. This feature streamlines the data transfer process, ensuring that all relevant information is promptly and accurately reflected in ADP Workforce Now® for seamless payroll and workforce management.
Pay Rate Workflow Implementation
In order for this workflow to be operationalized, you first send your employees pay logs report containing their earning codes, licensure, department, etc (in a CSV format) to allGeo. Next, allGeo processes the data with the help of a Google Apps Script and some internal coding and generates a ‘pay data report’. This report is then sent to the ADP Workforce Now® for payroll processing.
The customer sends us their employee’s pay logs report every month and we then process this data to generate a paydata report and then send it to ADP Workforce Now® to complete the workflow.
Here are The Steps to Commence This Workflow:
- The customer sends employees pay logs report every month in a CSV format.
2. Next, with the help of Google Apps Script and some internal operations, we process this data.
If the file is successfully processed, then we will get transaction IDs for all the employee records. As you can see in the above screenshot.
3. Now, with the help of the processed file, we will generate the ADP Paydata Report.
4. Subsequently, we have to upload this data to ADP which can be done from within the allGeo dashboard.
5. Login to the customer account in allGeo and then go to ADP Paydata report, select date range and write out the report.
How does the integration with ADP Workforce Now work?
allGeo has two-way sync with ADP Workforce Now, for bi-directional trade of employees, schedules, and the pay logs. This is a real-time integration that dispatches payroll-associated records from the allGeo application to ADP. Users can customize this to be an automated system with minor human mediation. Overtime and double overtime can be modified to organize the payroll via allGeo integration with ADP Workforce Now.
About Abaqus Inc:
Abaqus, based in Silicon Valley, CA, is a leading provider of cloud-hosted, low-code / low-IT field service automation platform that helps midsize and Enterprise businesses achieve field service excellence. The allGeo platform helps businesses customize and automate their field service workflows to better manage and optimize their operations, field employees & assets. With allGeo, Field service businesses can significantly reduce payroll and operations costs while improving productivity and accountability. The allGeo platform hosts a suite of turnkey apps that can be rapidly deployed in a wide range of industries e.g. Scheduling, Time Clock, Tracking & Monitoring, Mileage, Dispatch, Electronic Visit Verification, Lone Worker Safety, and Field Inspection using QR / mobile forms. Visit www.allgeo.com for more information.