Field service professionals use multiple platforms throughout their workday to fulfill their to-do lists. These platforms and practices transcend manual data entry and form scribbling to include mobile phones and computers. Now is the time for you to shift to a total workforce management system.
In the process of navigating between different technologies, applications, and storage units, field employees lose a notable amount of productivity. Balancing the employees of the different systems utilized to conduct their fieldwork often costs them an excessive amount of time and money.
The practice of juggling different apps for time clocking, tracking, collecting signatures, and managing forms is outdated and costly. The future of workforce management software should encourage a consolidation approach where the capabilities of apps are broadened to cover all the needs of field service providers.
Instead of five different applications or softwares, one automated workforce management should effectively provide several features to set the standard.
The consolidation of workforce management apps can prevent from:
Loss of Productivity
Field employees can find themselves alternating between several mobile applications in just a day. Switching between various applications, platforms, and software can decrease productivity during work hours when time is spent managing systems instead of fulfilling work duties.
Field teams require training for the applications they rely on daily. This training can be costly, lengthy, and difficult to schedule or implement. Participating in mandatory training takes the place of hours of work that could be performed instead. Paying employees to participate in frequent training also poses another additional cost for companies.
Increased Likeliness of Error
Multitasking becomes an ingrained part of the workday when field employees are constantly switching between systems. This level of fluctuation increases the likeliness of mistakes related to data entry and other important tasks.
Subscribing to several applications for your field team can result in a pricey monthly or annual bill. Spending excessive money on multiple workforce management softwares can be deducted from your business’s bottom line.
Consolidating your field activities allows for more efficient data entry and storage in a cloud-hosted secure platform. Replacing multiple apps with one that is comprehensive and powerful can result in impressive savings for your company. For a team of 50 people, a multi-vendor approach can end up costing $500,000 in savings and productivity gains. We believe the future of workforce management will emphasize efficiency and effectiveness. allGeo’s comprehensive features and abilities are setting the standard for this shift in expectations.
How a field service software can benefit your organization?
- Streamlined Workflow with Comprehensive Features:Embracing a 360-degree platform means consolidating the functionalities of multiple apps into one comprehensive solution. Rather than toggling between different applications for tasks such as time clock, tracking, etc., employees can perform all these activities seamlessly within a single platform. This streamlines workflow reduces the need for context switching and enhances overall productivity.
- Eliminating Loss of Productivity: The constant switching between different applications and systems eats into field employees’ productive hours. A 360-degree platform minimizes this loss by providing a unified interface that houses all the necessary tools in one place. This means employees can focus on their core tasks without being bogged down by the complexities of managing multiple platforms.
- Cost-Effective Training: Training employees on a multitude of apps can be time-consuming and expensive. A total workforce management system with a unified interface significantly reduces training requirements. With a single platform handling various tasks, employees need to learn only one system, cutting down on training costs and ensuring a faster onboarding process for new team members.
- Enhanced Accuracy and Reduced Errors: The more applications employees interact with, the higher the chances of errors creeping in. Multitasking between various systems increases the likelihood of data entry mistakes and other errors. A 360-degree platform minimizes this risk, as employees have a centralized and consistent environment for performing tasks, leading to enhanced accuracy and quality of work.
- Cost Savings and Efficiency: Adopting multiple individual apps for field management can lead to significant expenses through subscription costs. A consolidated platform not only saves on subscription fees but also reduces the time and effort spent on managing different applications. This cost-saving approach contributes directly to the bottom line of the business.
- Cloud-Hosted Secure Platform: Security and data integrity are paramount in field operations. A robust 360-degree platform offers cloud-hosted storage that ensures data is safe, accessible, and easily backed up. This level of security minimizes the risks associated with lost or compromised data, enhancing the overall reliability of your field operations.
- Quantifiable ROI: The shift to a unified platform is not just a theoretical improvement. The quantifiable return on investment (ROI) becomes evident through increased productivity, reduced training costs, fewer errors, and streamlined operations. Businesses that embrace a 360-degree approach often witness substantial improvements in their operational efficiency and financial performance.
The future of field operations lies in embracing a 360-degree platform that caters to the diverse needs of your workforce. The advantages of an automated workforce management system, total workforce management platform, and field service automation cannot be overstated. Consolidating various tasks into a single, comprehensive platform not only optimizes productivity but also empowers field service professionals to focus on what truly matters – delivering exceptional service and driving business success.
allGeo is a cloud-hosted, carrier-grade location and messaging platform that helps SMB and Enterprise businesses better manage their mobile employees by improving productivity and accountability, while reducing payroll and operations costs with solutions such as GPS tracking & time clock, Lone worker safety, Automation of field activity monitoring, Mobile forms & data collection including signature, notes, pictures, barcode/QR code, etc. The allGeo platform enables these solutions across a wide range of industries such as field service management, trade services, emergency responders, sales reps, transportation & logistics, and home health care providers.